Smoking a butt a few days in advance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotbags-10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Indy
Need to do a butt for a gathering on wed night but only have Monday open to smoke it. Think it will still be good two days later? Should I leave it whole then re-heat and pull? If so what temp should I take it to for reheating? Thanks nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would cook it, pull it, freeze in vacuum packs or zip lock bags, and reheat it when needed.  To reheat I like to simply place the bags in boiling water and it heats great.  HTH

Definitely Smoke and Pull it then bag it as flat as you can so it will cool quickly. It will last two days easily, I have had no issues with refrigerated leftovers for five days before the kids finished the meat. More than five days I freeze. I reheat in a Crock pot on high with my Foiling Juice or Finishing Sauce until it comes to a simmer but 165*F is all you really need to get too. You can do the same in a foil covered pan in a 325*F Oven...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky