Smoking 4 Butts for Work

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Almost the whole crew where I work is in town at the same time due to Hurricane Michael.
15+/- people with too little work to go around.
That's a rare occurrence and one worth putting together a lunch for everyone to hobnob and waste some time.
So I put it to the Big Boss about doing a nice lunch and offered to smoke some Butts, instead of him buying subpar meat from one of the local BBQ joints.
Told him to take care of getting all the sides and beverages lined up.

So here I am with 4 Butts totaling 31lbs in the smoker for an overnight cook.
Best thing is, I told him I'd be bushed from tending my charges all night, so all I have to do tomorrow is show up with the meat for lunch, eat and go home again.

I'll be making a big batch of SoFlaQuers Finishing Sauce and both some regular and modified SBR BBQ sauces.

Butts Rubbed and Ready
LtYh4Dy.jpg

Butts in the Smoker
Running 225°-250° over a mix of Hickory and Cherry.
Smoker has settled in at 236° +/- 2°
Txvt0gT.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

They look pretty already.Gonna be a little windy for smokin' ain't it?
Did a little quick Recon...
upload_2018-10-10_21-43-31.png

upload_2018-10-10_21-42-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-10_21-41-55.png
    upload_2018-10-10_21-41-55.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
So, up all night tending delicious tasty BBQ with the caveat you simply show up to share lunch with the team and take the rest of the day off?

~Well played Sir. Well played indeed!

They look pretty already.Gonna be a little windy for smokin' ain't it?
Did a little quick Recon...
Naw, not too windy at all.
We've been completely sidestepped by Michael, some sun, some clouds and maybe ten minutes total of light sprinkles.
Not one sign of any tropical storm type weather.

Yep, you missed your calling as a PI ;)

That is a sweet deal you worked out there and a great thing your doing for the co workers

Funny, just got a PM from someone claims to be your boss...Found this website and asked who this Chili is...wondering why it appears you slept last night and not slaving away. Said get to work!

That is a fine looking mountain of meat. I need co-workers like you. Enjoy your tough day at the office.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky