Smokin' Nutmegger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

awtaylor

Original poster
May 14, 2007
Trumbull, CT
Just found your site - looks like a great resource!

I live in Trumbull, CT and have been fooling around with smoked meats for about 6 years now. I first learned to smoke from Chris Sapp - owner of the Blue Creek Grill in El Jebel, CO. He got me hooked on brisket. Since then I feel very comfortable with ribs, chicken and fish. I have been using a used kettle/water smoker purchased at a yard sale for $20. I am looking to upgrade to a side burning smoker so that I can fit more meat in one batch - so any recommendations will be welcome! Thanks in advance!

always great to have a new member, glad you found us! your sure to find lots of info and great people to answer your questions. sign up for jeff's 5-day smoking e-course if you havent already! lots of guys have and love New Braunfels black diamond off set smokers maybe someone else will chime in on this.

Welcome to the SMF awtaylor. Great folks here so jump right in the smoke is thin and blue!! Looking foward to your posts.

Glad you found us.
smile.gif

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to share and take with you any of the excellent ideas from the friendly folks on the forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky