Smokin' in the Snow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Folks,

We got our first snow of the season yesterday. There were about 4 hours last evening when it was not safe to drive. It was that heavy, wet s#!t that makes the roads very greasy. The real bad thing is that it seems like everyone has forgotten how to drive in snow. (We do that here for about 5 months a year.)

Anyway, I though I'd snap a pic of the smoker doing it's thing. I'm smoking Dutch's Wicked Beans for a charity fundraiser that I smoked the pork for last weekend. (see http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2224 )

Thin blue with snow background

snowsmokeho1.jpg

Ambient air temp is about 30F. The smoker is having no trouble keeping 225-240F.

Hope you all have a great, smokey day!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Can't say that I miss the snow....that is a beautiful picture but just looking at it makes me cold.
wink.gif

Meowey..

Nice picture...but very depressing...a fate which I do not cherrish the arrival of at my door...but as they say...You can't fool Mother Nature...

Richard

Heya, Meowey!

I'm so damned jealous it isn't funny! Come winter I have to work like a dawg! Exactly what I was doing Friday night! Cannot wait to pull the plug on full time employment and enjoy winter again! Coming soon!

Somehow nothing beats having a few friends over for some winter fun and good food.

Cheers!

I like the first fall of the year.... everything looks so crisp and fresh... an inch of snow is enough for me... all year long. We don't get much, but we do get some... the worst is the ice. We seem to get more of that than snow.

And of all the 32 yrs in Fl, I remember it snowing twice. And that was in central Fl too.

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky