• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smokin' in the Snow!

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Folks,

We got our first snow of the season yesterday. There were about 4 hours last evening when it was not safe to drive. It was that heavy, wet s#!t that makes the roads very greasy. The real bad thing is that it seems like everyone has forgotten how to drive in snow. (We do that here for about 5 months a year.)

Anyway, I though I'd snap a pic of the smoker doing it's thing. I'm smoking Dutch's Wicked Beans for a charity fundraiser that I smoked the pork for last weekend. (see http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2224 )

Thin blue with snow background

Ambient air temp is about 30F. The smoker is having no trouble keeping 225-240F.

Hope you all have a great, smokey day!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

buzzard

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 23, 2006
i miss the snow. let me give you my address so you can send me a sample of the wicked beans!!!

bob-bqn

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2005
Can't say that I miss the snow....that is a beautiful picture but just looking at it makes me cold.

vulcan75001

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2006
Meowey..

Nice picture...but very depressing...a fate which I do not cherrish the arrival of at my door...but as they say...You can't fool Mother Nature...

Richard

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Heya, Meowey!

I'm so damned jealous it isn't funny! Come winter I have to work like a dawg! Exactly what I was doing Friday night! Cannot wait to pull the plug on full time employment and enjoy winter again! Coming soon!

Somehow nothing beats having a few friends over for some winter fun and good food.

Cheers!

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
I'm with Bob-BQN ..... great picture and I'll bet some mighty fine chow. But I get cold just looking at it. I guess I've been in the beautiful Florida sunshine too long.

mrgrumpy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 18, 2006
I like the first fall of the year.... everything looks so crisp and fresh... an inch of snow is enough for me... all year long. We don't get much, but we do get some... the worst is the ice. We seem to get more of that than snow.

And of all the 32 yrs in Fl, I remember it snowing twice. And that was in central Fl too.

Bill

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Ahhhh yeah it is that time of year again. We just got a dusting of snow yesterday and they tell me more is to come

dionysus

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 4, 2006
That's why I love the west coast. If I want snow I can go to it, it's up in the mountains where it belongs.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.