Smokin In Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chek

Original poster
Sep 20, 2020
Newbie here, I’m Chek from your favorite corn, cow, pig flyover State Wife got me an amazing electric smoker this past spring and I’m pretty much making my new grill she got me last fall obsolete. So far I’ve done several amazing racks of ribs, chicken drumsticks and thighs, just did my first Boston Butt Roast but to date my wife and in-laws are all about my smoked cheeseburgers. Looking forward to exchanging ideas and trying new things! Smoke Nation

Reactions: JC in GB
I’m Chek from your favorite corn, cow, pig flyover State
You left out bird hunting . Used to go to Red Oak every year . Pheasants runnin down the roads up there .
Welcome aboard . Enjoy .

Reactions: chek
You left out bird hunting . Used to go to Red Oak every year . Pheasants runnin down the roads up there .
Welcome aboard . Enjoy .
Up there, leads me to believe yer further south🙃
I’m between the 80 n 30 corridor and YES I erred by omitting bird hunting...mosquitoes along the Iowa’s river have been getting pretty meaty over the past few years..bwuahahahaha
Seriously though the Pheasant population has made a remarkable recovery the last year or two.
Looking forward to all this site has to offer and thanks for the welcome

Up there, leads me to believe yer further south
I'm just west of St. Louis Missouri . Was up there one year , and a gal asked me " Hows everything down south ? "
I said " How would I know , I live in St Louis "
You can add where you're from in the profile section . If it's added you can mouse over a members name and it will pop up .

Welcome from nw Iowa! Glad to have ya join SMF!

Ryan

Welcome from central NY! Smoked burgers are awesome. More so when you also smoke the cheese. I just put the burgers in my smoker at 225. Let them smoke until they get around 120 IT. Then sear and finish to your liking on the grill.

Welcome from central NY! Smoked burgers are awesome. More so when you also smoke the cheese. I just put the burgers in my smoker at 225. Let them smoke until they get around 120 IT. Then sear and finish to your liking on the grill.
totally agree Steve, smoke burgers really can’t be beat IMO
I’m around the same smoke temp, throw cheese on last 10-15 minutes until melted...so good
The cheese that melts off the burger onto the foil, cooks tasters... dang near make a person wanna chew on the foil, fillings be damned...lol

Reactions: Steve H
Welcome from Texas. I spent a year in Marshalltown 2016-2017. Good folks up there.
THanks Mastercaster, I’m short 45 min east ish from there. BEen to Texas for a school in Grand Prairie many years ago...It was HOT...pretty sure my internal temp showed me well done

Reactions: Mastercaster
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky