Smokey Nachos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
I was going to save this for the get together, but I guess I'll go ahead and post it. I kind of have a craving for it, and since I can't make it, I'll consume it vicariously through this post.

Nacho chips
1 1/2 C cold water
1 C all purpose flour
1/2 C cornmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
Oil

Heat 8 inch non-stick skillet over medium-low heat just until hot. Use oil if you need it.

Beat water, flour, cornmeal, salt and egg until smooth. Fill turkey baster with 1/4 C of the batter and squirt into skillet making a round, very thin tortilla. Cook until dry around edge, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook other side until golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
When all batter is made into tortillas, stack and cut into wedge shaped chips.
Deep fry chips in 375º peanut oil until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels and season immediately with your favorite seasoning.

Now top with smoked diced chicken, pulled pork and pulled brisket, your favorite picante sauce, cheese, onions, and whatever else you like on your chips. We have also used our favorite BBQ sauce instead of picante sauce.

Enjoy before they get soggy.

Gunny, that sounds pretty darned tastey. I hope you've got more stuff in your bag of goodies for the get together.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky