Smoker won’t stay lit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mitchme

Original poster
Aug 5, 2021
Hi All.
Im new to the group so not sure if it’s been asked before.
I have a single burner Arrosto smoker that won’t stay lit.
as soon as I release the knob, the flame goes out. I have switched out the gas bottle so I know that’s not the issue.
it hasn’t worked since a friend borrowed it. Not sure if it was damaged during transport?
Has anyone else had a similar issue.

Reactions: JLeonard
Hi! And welcome from Iowa! Can't say I know what smoker you have but a couple ideas... since it's gas, is thermocouple still located in the right place? Or second , maybe thermocouple went bad?

Ryan

Hi All.
Im new to the group so not sure if it’s been asked before.
I have a single burner Arrosto smoker that won’t stay lit.
as soon as I release the knob, the flame goes out. I have switched out the gas bottle so I know that’s not the issue.
it hasn’t worked since a friend borrowed it. Not sure if it was damaged during transport?
Has anyone else had a similar issue.
maybe try changing out the regulator.

Reactions: PPG1 and mitchme
Hi! And welcome from Iowa! Can't say I know what smoker you have but a couple ideas... since it's gas, is thermocouple still located in the right place? Or second , maybe thermocouple went bad?

Ryan

Thank you Ryan. I won’t pretend to know what that is, but I’ve found one at the hardware and tomorrow I will pick it up and switch it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky