Smoker thoughts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flareside92

R.I.P. Gone But Never Forgotten.
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
NW Iowa
Hi everybody. I have been smoking meat with an electric smoker, a brinkman charcoal smoker and think it's time to get serious about it and I hope I posted this in the correct spot.

I have a 400gal water tank off an old cement mixer and plan on making a smoker out of it. I will be mounting it to a single axle boat trailer and have read many articles on how others make their smokers.

The plan is to build a firebox to put behind the barrel NOT at the end of it. I'm thinking that creating a damper that runs the length of the firebox would distribute the heat and smoke more evenly by having it in back.

I would appreciate other opinions on this idea.

Thanks

That is how I built mine, I dont like fireboxes at the end of smokers.  It makes them too long and the firebox too low to the ground.  I have used the heck out of mine and love it!  Here is my photobucket album.  Flip through it to see if you get any ideas.  If you want any pictures of something in particular or have any questions, holler at me.   http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/delarosa74868/Smoker build/

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky