Smoker Stand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is that a custom smoke box you have attached to your cabinet? If so can you tell me the who, what, where, and why of that? Please excuse my ignorance on this. I have seen this modification on other smoker cabinets but am not sure why it was done.

Finally got around to building one a couple weeks ago. Thanks for all the pics and ideas.
smoker.jpg

Finally got around to building one a couple weeks ago. Thanks for all the pics and ideas.

That will do the job just fine!!
It will save wear & tear on the old Back!!
All I have under mine is two boxes:
They were originally made to support some of my smaller Bearcarvings so I wouldn't have to bend over so far, while chainsawing..
They're good & strong, because I made them with Pressure Treated 2 X 12s, framed to 24" X 24" and covered with a 24" X 24" piece of 3/4" plywood. I just stacked one on top of the other, as 2' high is just about right.
Then I covered the top one with a big sheet of Aluminum Plate, so it's easy to keep clean.
Then one windy day, I saw my MES wobbling, so I added a Ratcheting Strap to hold it down to the rig.

Bear

Reactions: PAS
I tried to post a link to Amazon. It looked OK in the preview box, maybe it's not allowed on this site. It was a water heater stand that is galvanized metal if anyone wants to look it up ($22), more than likely I didn't do it right.

Make the stand moveable with a 30x18 caster furniture dolly. $12 on sale at a big box store if you want to move it for whatever reason on the stand.

I tried to post a link to Amazon. It looked OK in the preview box, maybe it's not allowed on this site. It was a water heater stand that is galvanized metal if anyone wants to look it up ($22), more than likely I didn't do it right.

Your Amazon Link came up both times for me.

Bear

I recently built this stand for my smoker. I still have a few things to do before it's finished, like closing in the right side, and putting some roofing material on it. Once my daughters track season is over, and the weather cooperates, I should be able to finish it all in an afternoon. I believe I have around $100 in materials wrapped up in this now.

stand.jpg

I thought I'd post a picture of what I explained on Post #24 in case anybody's interested.
It worked out great, since I never have to move it from it's position.
That's 2 boxes made of 2 X 12 Pressure Treated, with a 3/4" platform top, with aluminum sheet on top.
I also closed the bottom with 1/4" plywood, to keep wasps & hornets from coming up through the floor boards & building nests inside the boxes.

Bear
IMG_3464 2.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky