Smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fullsmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 1, 2016
Se iowa
I am building a smoke out of a food transport cabinet what is a good location for smoke stack I was thinking 6 " down from top on back ?

Hello.  I offer my humble opinion:  My thought is that you could set up a direction of travel from the heat/smoke below, up the back wall and out of the stack.  I would place the stack in the center of the top.  Force the smoke to circulate through the whole smoker.  Just my opinion.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Reactions: fullsmoke
From where your AMNPS is I think I would have gone for the front top, to draw the smoke forward over the food. Looks like the smoke could short circuit up the back and out.

Having said that the air flow might be quite slow as you have electric heat so might not make so much difference.

Let us know how it goes.

All you should need is some 1/4" round steel around the edge to Make the expanded racks stable. Can use thicker, but 1/4 works pretty good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky