smoker not smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ette68

Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Van Buren Arkansas
I have a masterbuilt electric smoker. I have used it for a year or so with no problem, I have only smoked things in it about ten times. I just tried smoking a pork butt in it last week, in which it did cook but I could never get my smoker to smoke. I used my wood chips and soaked them in water and did everything the same as in the past any suggestions to what I need to do?

I have a masterbuilt electric smoker. I have used it for a year or so with no problem, I have only smoked things in it about ten times. I just tried smoking a pork butt in it last week, in which it did cook but I could never get my smoker to smoke. I used my wood chips and soaked them in water and did everything the same as in the past any suggestions to what I need to do?
The best thing to do is what most of us MES owners did. Get yourself an AMNPS, and get up to 11 straight hours of perfect smoke without touching it. You'll never regret it, and your smoking will be so much better & easier.

Bear

Last edited:
A little more info please Bear don't forget I am still a newby what exactly is a AMNPS AND A MES, you can laugh at me later for not knowing but first explain a little I have saw everyone talk about these things but have no idea what they are, and I can see I have a lot to learn.

A little more info please Bear don't forget I am still a newby what exactly is a AMNPS AND A MES, you can laugh at me later for not knowing but first explain a little I have saw everyone talk about these things but have no idea what they are, and I can see I have a lot to learn.
MES is your smoker (Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse).

AMNPS is "AmaziNgPelletSmoker". It is awesome. Your MES, just like any other electric smoker will never work as good as a 5 X 8 AMNPS. You just put pellets in it, and light it. Sometimes it's a little tricky to learn how to get it lit properly, but once it is lit properly, you can Cold, Warm, or Hot-smoke for up to 11 hours, with perfect, consistent smoke, without touching it.

Just click on the business card at the bottom of the pages, that says "A-Maze-N-Smoker".

The genius who invented them and sells them is "Todd Johnson" a well respected member of this forum.

Bear

Last edited:
Ok Bear, took your advise again went to the business card below tried to order it and it wouldn't take my info correct, but it wasn't just a few minutes and Todd called me and we got it all straight so now I will be a owner of a MES and a AMNPS.

Ok Bear, took your advise again went to the business card below tried to order it and it wouldn't take my info correct, but it wasn't just a few minutes and Todd called me and we got it all straight so now I will be a owner of a MES and a AMNPS.
LOL----Isn't he something else???

Not only does he have an awesome product line, he also has the best Customer Service anywhere!!

It won't take it long to get there, either.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky