Smoker for a BBQ island?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

misterjohnny

Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
I've got a chargriller that does just fine. But my wife wants the backyard fancied up, and wants to put a built in BBQ island on the side of the patio. Every BBQ island has gas grills, I"ve never seen one with a smoker.

What I want to do is put a smoker in with a side fire box, and then a gas grill next to it

The problem is I have never seen this done. Are there any smokers designed like this?

I'm thinking I need an off the shelf smoker with a SFB, then build a metal tube (the red part of the diagram) and weld it to the sfb and smoker to get the heat/smoke to the smoking chamber. Anyone done this/seen this? Will it work?

I've got a chargriller that does just fine. But my wife wants the backyard fancied up, and wants to put a built in BBQ island on the side of the patio. Every BBQ island has gas grills, I"ve never seen one with a smoker.

What I want to do is put a smoker in with a side fire box, and then a gas grill next to it

The problem is I have never seen this done. Are there any smokers designed like this?

I'm thinking I need an off the shelf smoker with a SFB, then build a metal tube (the red part of the diagram) and weld it to the sfb and smoker to get the heat/smoke to the smoking chamber. Anyone done this/seen this? Will it work?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky