Smoker Design

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Two 55 gallon drums is gonna be a nice size smoker. Like to see some pics as things progress. I have to do everything at work too. This is the slow time of year, so it's easier to get away with working my 'government' projects. All my material is coming out of the company's junk pile. I talked to my boss and he told me to take whatever I want, within reason. I got my eye on some stainless screen for the cooking surface. It is all going out to the scrapyard in a couple of weeks so I got to get what I need right now...

we can take anything out of the scrap pile we want. ours is not really a pile, but in a roll-off from the local recycler. i built my current smoker at work, with stuff from work, but not all of it came from the scrap "pile". i did buy some of it, ie thermometers, firebox, door hinges. i did not get to cut the drums, and they might be gone by next weekend. if they are there i am grabbing them.

Better grab the drums while the grabbing is good. :lol: When I started this job there was a big scrap pile. Probably 50' x 125' x 8'. There was everything in there. Scrappers showed up and took the whole pile. Must have been 30 trucks left here with scrap on them. Wish it was still here...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky