SMOKER BUILD W/ PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That’s a fine looking build, it’s clear that you spent some time thinking it through. The best part is the satisfaction you get every time you use it, or just walk by it. Well done!

Nice looking smoker! Welcome to the forums! And good looking sausage!

Ryan

Hello everyone, I’m a long-time looker first time poster. Started making venison sausage a few years ago and I quickly learned that my Masterbuilt wasn’t big enough. After many hours on this site reading every smoker build. I decided to start my build, a large metal electric smoker. Only problem was I didn’t know how to weld or own a welder. A trip to harbor freight got all the metal working supplies I needed, and many youtube videos of “how to weld” I built my smoker.

Smoker details - Dimensions – 4’ Tall x 3’ Wide x 2’ Deep / amnps with pellets / 110v heating element powered by Auber PID.

First test run was 75lbs of venison summer sausage

After the first run I will be making a few changes, the biggest being that the smoker needs to be insulated. Living in Northern WI the 110v heating element needs a little help.

View attachment 517646View attachment 517647View attachment 517648View attachment 517649View attachment 517650View attachment 517651View attachment 517652View attachment 517653View attachment 517654View attachment 517656View attachment 517657

Thanks for looking
Excellent work my friend

Out of curiosity, approximately how much do you think you spent in materials?
This peeked my interest in building a smoker this winter.
You did a great job.

Dan.
somewhere around $800/$1000. This is just the material for the smoker not the welder and other metal working tools I needed. if you build one post lots of pictures!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky