Smoker Build Around Weber Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NewBuilder

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 15, 2019
I want to build a smoker that I can use when it is quite cold outside. I have an extra Weber NG grill that will be cut down as the heat source. I'm thinking of using 2 1/2" steel studs as the frame, insulated with Roxul, and 18 ga ss for the shell. I have all the materials on hand. I have a Weber gas grill that I have used for 24 yrs and it works great in any condition, one burner on low, lid open, windy and it has never gone out. I want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I start cutting. I don't weld so wafer screws, nuts, and bolts with pop rivets will hold everything together.

A tube smoker in a mailbox will provide the smoke.

The support frame and wheels along with the door are not shown. The door will be built the same way as the body and will use a piano hinge.

Attachments

• Smoker V-1.jpg
    Smoker V-1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 33
Don't see any reason it won't work. I use a 3 burner, cast iron one in my commercial fridge smoker. Also have a buddy that uses the side burner off old grills. They don't always get used often so are typically in good shape while the rest of the grill has rusted through and fallen apart.

Good luck
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky