Smoken Tex Smoker reviews

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
I have a chance to buy the 1460 model . Does anyone have any input for this brand and model #? It is used and he wants 550 OBO.

Last edited:
May I ask what you paid for your 1400 model? I want to hang summer sausage in it but I may have to use short casings.

I think the 1460 replaced the 1450 model, Smokin Tex website doesn't offer a lot of info on historical models. I'm sure you could call customer service and find out more info. Customer service has been very helpful when I call.
I paid $275 for my 1400 a year and half ago. Had to replace thermostat for about $40.

Last edited:
Can you hang sausage in it ? I have seen no videos showing it. I know the other option is laying them on the racks but I wanted to know if there is room to hang 20" casings of summer sausage.

Reactions: Lonzinomaker
Well I bought the 1460 for 450 bucks and it's 3 months old and just broke in ! I can hardly wait to get something cooking on it. Better than spending 1000 bucks on a new one...

Good Buy. Go easy on the amount of wood your first smoke, probably need a lot less than you are used to using.

Reactions: poacherjoe
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky