smoked yard bird in its entireity! haha... with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
hey good ppl of SMF..just thought id share my smoked chick i did last night for dinnsky...was thinking of spatchin it but ended up running a can inside the ol bird. lol. dr.pepper and hotsauce..haha. pretty good, i think. i ran this one at 275* for just about 2hrs, cranked the heat at the last minute to crisp up that skin.

i rubbed her down with a little seasoning salt and mccormacks sweet and smoky rub. pretty good outcome..my 3yr old tore up both drums..QUICKLY! heres a view pics for yall. enjoy!
yahoo.gif

shes laying out after a quick rinse...while i get my rubs ready..

And just what r yall lookin at??!!!??? lmfao!!

@ 1hr 50 minutes..her wing fell off.. i couldnt just let it sit there...of course i ate it..
banana_smiley.gif

nice pink smoke on her drums..skin started coming off, she wanted to show yall a little leg..hahha!!!

better top shot. she came out very moist and juicy and of course the skin for the most part had crisped up, i didnt wanna leave it on any longer and risk drying the ol bird out..:) and no plated pics the plates didnt last very long at all. thanks for looking yall.
sausage.gif

thanks red, didnt feel like wasting a beer. haha. and i felt like trying something new, i know ppl use coke and im not that big a fan of coke, so it was DP, or DP cherry, this is what my 3yr old brought me, so DP original it is...lol. shes daddys little helper!
30.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky