Smoked wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ibewelectrician

Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Cedar Hill, MO
Hello all! I've been reading several temps to smoke wings at. I have a 40" mes and was wondering what temp I should smoke wings at. Also I will use water in the pan and how should the vent be? I appreciate the info everybody!

I smoke my wings at 225-250, then crisp up the skin on a hot gas grill.

It only takes about 1 1/2 hours on the smoker, then about 2 to 3 minutes on each side on the grill.

Then toss them in a combo of melted butter & Frank's hot wing sauce.

Al

Thank you sir! One more question if you don't mind. Do you want the vent wide open for chicken wings or closed quite a bit?
You want the top vent wide open as long as there is smoke rolling.

Which for this case, wings, you will have the smoke going the whole time.

If you were smoking a rack of ribs & had them in the foil stage then you can close the top vent to keep the heat in.

Al

Thank you Al! I'll post a before and after pic later on this afternoon when I fire up the smoker. Just doing 3 lbs for the first wing trial run!

You should look up scarbelly wings. I have been doing them this way for years and it is the only way in my opinion. Injected with the wing sauce rather than slathered. They are the bomb. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky