Smoked Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pianov

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Just east of Tampa, Florida
Two weeks ago for New Years Eve I smoked a 16 lb. turkey. I followed Jeff's recipe (fairly closely) for smoked turkey breast and legs. I quartered the turkey and used Jeff's rub, buttermilk brine and Jeff's BBQ sauce.

IMHO, the turkey was VERY good. VERY, very tasty - wonderful flavor. It was not the most moist turkey I have ever had, but it was adequately moist. I suspect I may have dried it out a bit as the oak fire got out of control once or twice (I was not home monitoring it and it was "baby-sat" by someone inexperienced with the smoker).

My wife and son both said it was the best turkey they had every had. We had three guests over for dinner, all three of whom are fairly serious amateur food connoisseurs. All three said that it was the best turkey they had ever had.

That's all. I just wanted to be on record that I LOVED IT!  Thanks Jeff for all your input and this wonderful forum resource!     
yahoo.gif

Terry Farrell

Tampa Bay, Florida

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky