smoked turkey seasoning using mayo binder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slater

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
Anyone have first hand experience with using the mayo rub mixture method on a turkey? Thinking Tony C Creole seasoning also but never used it on turkey....
Brined & injected with Tony C creole butter...

My mother was going to deep-fry but last minute, she dropped the bird on my lap!
Just trying to figure out my next process!
thanks

Last edited:
I use a mayo rub a lot and am using it on my turkey now. It has to be the real McCoy in that it can't be low fat or fat free. The fat helps with moisture and I have noticed the other versions seem to coagulate and not mix well. I used about a 1/3cup with SPOG to taste and rubbed away, making sure to get under the skin. This works great.

I use mayo a lot for rubbing and then searing, especially after SVing. Makes for a great binder.

any measurement combinations, dealing with a 15lb bird
table spoons of Tony C to mayo...

My bird was probably about 12.5 lbs after spatchocked and I used 1/3 cup of mayo. I squeezed it to get by with that amount, so you might want to use more. I went through many paper towels to get it all dry before applying the mixture, but it does get quite messy though. For seasoning I just go by tasting the mixture before applying it.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky