• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Turkey for Office Potluck

CigarLlama

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 7, 2019
Our office does holiday potlucks, but this year we did a socially distanced potluck (grab your food, go back to your office). I was in charge of the smoked turkey, so I modified the Maple Smoked BBQ Turkey recipe from Jeff. I used this as a test run before Thanksgiving with the parents on Thursday. The bird came out great! It tasted as good as it looked. Needless to say, I'm ready for the actual holiday.

11.5 lb turkey
300F for 3.5 hours
Maple Brine from site recipe
Maple Syrup coating with 1 Tbsp black pepper, 1/2 Tbsp thyme, & 1/2 Tbsp rosemary for "rub"
Pecan wood for 1.5 hours

Running the smoker at 300F was the right choice as the skin was perfectly crispy & it remained extremely juicy. I don't like running poultry below 250F because the skin is far too rubbery & I'm a texture guy.

Attachments

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Heck yeah beautiful job on the bird

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 7, 2017
I agree, beautiful bird! Great job!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.