Smoked Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
CTXSmokeLover CTXSmokeLover 's recent thread on a smoked turkey breast inspired me to pick up one of HEB's brined turkey breasts of my own. This was rubbed, vac sealed for 3 days, then smoked with apple wood. Served with oyster mushroom pecan stuffing and a cranberry chutney. Really juicy and delicious.

1667238336323.png
1667238358832.png

Looks fantastic! If you do them often I highly recommend Butcher BBQ bird booster. The added goodies including phosphate make for super juicy bird. The retail Tony Chacheres are excellent for that too.

That looks very, very good. Love the cranberry chutney and that turkey looks done to perfection. Super nice job!!

Robert

Really good looking turkey breast you got there Loyd. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Looks fantastic! If you do them often I highly recommend Butcher BBQ bird booster. The added goodies including phosphate make for super juicy bird. The retail Tony Chacheres are excellent for that too.
Thanks! This came pre-brined from the supermarket, so all I needed to do was rub heavily and let sit for a couple of days.

Looks good
Thank you!

Looks very good!
Thanks!

Great looking turkey plate!!
Thank you. It seems like madness to do this 4 weeks before Thanksgiving, but here we are...

Nice plate of food , nice breast also :emoji_blush:
Thanks!

Looks like a perfect plate and cook Loyd !
Thank you. We finished off the sides, and another chunk of the turkey, for dinner last night.

Looks good sounds like a winning combination to me.
Hard to go wrong with a classic, thanks!

Looks like a great plate and perfectly cooked bird! Oyster mushroom pecan stuffing? Yes please!
Thanks!

1667397997433.png

Looks delicious! Nice job!
Thank you.

Super nice job!!
Thanks!

Really good looking turkey breast you got there Loyd. Nicely done
Point for sure
Wait, there are points? :)
Thank you.

Points! Great work, awesome looking Turkey for a Thanksgiving practice run!
Thanks!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
CTXSmokeLover CTXSmokeLover 's recent thread on a smoked turkey breast inspired me to pick up one of HEB's brined turkey breasts of my own. This was rubbed, vac sealed for 3 days, then smoked with apple wood. Served with oyster mushroom pecan stuffing and a cranberry chutney. Really juicy and delicious.

View attachment 647526View attachment 647527
Looks beautiful! I debone turkey thighs and then smoke them in my Pit Barrel Junior. They are as juicy and delicious as can be!

View attachment 647526View attachment 647527
Hell yeah baby doin me on of those this year. Might get one just to practice this week

Reactions: LoydB
Hell yeah baby doin me on of those this year. Might get one just to practice this week

Set to 275 degrees F, stick a probe in it and pull at 157 degrees F. Done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky