Smoked Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wasi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2017
Smoked a bone in turkey breast this past weekend. It went for about 5 hours on highland offset reverse flow smoker. The only difference this time is that I added a water pan in the smoking chamber right next to the firebox. I also brined the turkey the night before.

Attachments

• 20180708_125812.jpg
    20180708_125812.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 20180708_175302.jpg
    20180708_175302.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20180708_181220.jpg
    20180708_181220.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 88
Looks amazing. Did you notice a difference with the added water pan? What type wood did you use? Turkey breast and mesquite are a match made in heaven from my perspective. Thanks for the Q.

Smoked a bone in turkey breast this past weekend. It went for about 5 hours on highland offset reverse flow smoker. The only difference this time is that I added a water pan in the smoking chamber right next to the firebox. I also brined the turkey the night before.

Looks Great, Wasi!! Like.
Looks about like the one I did last week.
Mine took 6 hours (8.8 Pounds).
Here's mine:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoked-turkey-breast-hickory-smoked.277344/

Bear

Last edited:
Looks mighty tasty to me.

Point for sure.

Chris

Looks amazing. Did you notice a difference with the added water pan? What type wood did you use? Turkey breast and mesquite are a match made in heaven from my perspective. Thanks for the Q.
Yes I did notice a difference with the water pan installed. It seemed to help with temp fluxes. I used 1/2 chimney of lump charcoal and then the rest of the smoking was done with Hickory wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky