Smoked Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Tonight for supper I felt like experimenting :D I took the turkey carcass, the wings, legs and breast meat [from my turkey smoke] from the freezer and placed them in a quart stock pot. I added one diced onion and 2 quarts of water 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper. Brought everything to a boil then turned the heat down and let the pot simmer until the water was reduced by half. I then removed the bones, wings and legs to a colander and allowed to cool. To the liquid I added the left over smoked veggies [taters, carrots and mushrooms] and more taters, carrots and mushrooms and another quart of water. This was brought back to a boil and 2 tablespoons of beef soup base added and stirred in. The burner was then turned down to a simmer. I pulled the meat from all the bones and chopped it into bite size pieces and added it to the stock pot. About 6-8 ounces of spaghetti noodles was broken into thirds and added to the soup. When the noodles were cooked, garlic salt, fresh ground pepper was added to taste along with about a tablespoon of red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.

Soup was served with fresh hot bread sticks :D

The down side is that the Bride sent some home with my daughter and grandson so that means no soup for tomorrow. :(

Good grief, Patrick- it's only 8:30 in the morning and your already thinking about lunch?? I haven't had my breakfast yet!

I have been doing just that same thing for a long time[20yrs] and the family loves it!!!!!Recipes vary some each time, but the song remains the same YUMMY....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky