Smoked Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Used thirdeye thirdeye dry brine. First time dry brine fish and to be honest I was pretty worried about fish coming out to salty but not at all. I was afraid to use a seasoning with salt. Ended up just using pepper and lemon. Used MES40 with hickory in mailbox at 180. Took to 135 than rest one hour before putting in fridge over night. Not the prettiest but turned out pretty good. Now I need some ideas what to use left overs for?

My taste bud are finally back and on the down slide of this sinus ear infection. My ear still plugged out but hopefully will clear in time.

20210731_135342.jpg 20210731_170255.jpg 20210731_170412.jpg 20210801_124744.jpg 20210801_125022.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! first salmon i smoked i used a dry brine and its a little odd of a process the first time for sure

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Looks like a total success to me Brian, and I'm glad to hear your on the mend.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Brian those salmon filets look very good. Glad to se you didn’t overcook them.
We make cold salmon sammies with a bun, tarter sauce, lettuce, & a nice chunk of salmon.
Al

Brian those salmon filets look very good. Glad to se you didn’t overcook them.
We make cold salmon sammies with a bun, tarter sauce, lettuce, & a nice chunk of salmon.
Al
I ruined some last night. Thought would try make salmon cakes. Oh well live and learn. Was planning on using rest to make Quiche but think just finish it cold.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky