Smoked Salmon Q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

$moke!t

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
Hey folks,

Had a good price on Salmon today so I picked one up to smoke. First time smoking one so had a question for you guys. Im seeing mixed results on the internet of what temp to smoke and how long. Some folks say 140-175 others say 250. What do you guys suggest?

Also should I brine or can I just rub with some bay and throw that sucker on?

I would run your smoker at 225 & use a strong wood, like hickory or mesquite. I coat mine with EVOO & then dust it with Cajun seasoning. It will only take a half hour or so to cook, so keep a close eye on it. It is better to undercook it than to overcook it. It will be done when you take a fork & it flakes apart or with an instant read therm, about 140 degrees.
Al

Reactions: $moke!t
I would run your smoker at 225 & use a strong wood, like hickory or mesquite. I coat mine with EVOO & then dust it with Cajun seasoning. It will only take a half hour or so to cook, so keep a close eye on it. It is better to undercook it than to overcook it. It will be done when you take a fork & it flakes apart or with an instant read therm, about 140 degrees.
Al
Thanks, Al.

Al
Do you use the water pan?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky