• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked salmon nuggets wrapped in bacon

chesapeake

Joined Jan 5, 2014
For Christmas I tried something new. Brined sone salmon fillets with a dry rub of 4/1 brown sugar and salt. Brined over night then cut into smaller strips. Wrapped with bacon and smoked for about a hour and a half. Wow!! Turned out great.. Give it a try!

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Remember........

Until then, you might consider cutting the filet's into the finished size first. Then brine the pieces. No matter which way, still sounds good.

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Last edited:

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
OMG---Bacon & Salmon!!!

2 of the Major Food Groups!!

I'd Eat It !!!

Bear

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
For Christmas I tried something new. Brined sone salmon fillets with a dry rub of 4/1 brown sugar and salt. Brined over night then cut into smaller strips. Wrapped with bacon and smoked for about a hour and a half. Wow!! Turned out great.. Give it a try!
I took your advice and did a similar dish in the  grilling fish board.  Check it out and more importantly thanks for the idea.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/155771/bacon-wrapped-salmon

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.