Smoked Salmon Chowder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ofelles

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 16, 2019
Brentwood CA
Pot Luck last night. Smoked Salmon Chowder
Smoking 115°F IT
Salmon Chowder 1.JPG

Pulled at 130°F IT
Salmon Chowder 2.JPG

All done and ready to eat. Big hit!
Salmon Chowder 3.JPG

Looks great! Recipe?

The chowder is a recipe from an All Things BBQ video modified adding leeks, chicken stock instead of veggie, cream instead of 1/2&1/2, and hot smoked not cold smoked salmon. Delicious!
Brined the salmon in water kosher salt garlic powder and brown sugar for 3 hours. Dried in refrig over night.
Smoked @150°F for 1 hour then 160°F until IT of 130°F (about 3 hrs total) spritzing with apple juice.

haves the link to the recipe

https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/smoked-salmon-chowder/?utm_campaign=New%20Napoleon%20-3s%20%20-%20Smoked%20Salmon%20Chowder%20-%203%2F6%2F19%20%28PX8URj%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Master%20List

Looks and sounds wonderful. I've never heard of Salmon chowder.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: ofelles
Looks mighty tasty. I made some last week since we've been having lots of rain. Perfect for nasty weather.

Never had salmon chowder, and now I'm asking myself why!
It will definitely be made here in the next few days!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky