Smoked Rib Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dingo007

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
Gypsy
Hiya,

Diggin' around my pit freezer I came across a wayward pack of Rib Steak that had migrated to the lower depths in an attempt to avoid being devoured. So I quickly hatched a plan...bilbo's rub for  a few hours......smoke to an IT of 115F, foil rest for an hour and sear on the grill. Here's a couple of pics;

Rubbed and ready for the smoker

In the smoker

Pulled at IT 115

Finished on the grill

And the finished product....cooked to our liking, juicy and tender...Served with smoked/stuffed russets and bacon/garlic sauteed broccoli

This is the first time i've tried to smoke a steak...although the steak was good, it could've done with more smoke. I was running the smoker at 225F which only gave it about 1.5hrs or smoke. Maybe next time i'll run a little lower to get a longer smoke time.

Thanks for looking

It looks good. I run my smoker lower with lots of smoke. Let it smoke almost 4 hours then on a screaming hot grill 700°  or higher.

Happy smoken.

David
^^^^^^^^^^What he said.^^^^^^^^^

Your plate looks Real Good !!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Realy a nice job on the steak!!! Also on your  sides!!! AJBert---a rib eye steak is boneless and a rib steak has a bone. Rib steaks are also called semi-boneless rib steaks at times. All are from the same cut, one is boneless and one is bone-in. Reinhard

Looks great!  Just a question, though.  Are these rib eye steaks?  I'm not familiar with the term rib steaks.
AJBert...they are basically the same cut...In the US, Rib Steaks have a bone in...Rib Eye dont. In Australia Rib Eye has the bone in and the same cut with no bone is called a Scotch Fillet. I'm sure there are many more variations country to country, or even state to state.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky