Smoked raisins?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chiquilin

Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Anyone ever smoke grapes to make smoked raisins?

What other fruits are good to smoke. I like melons of all sorts so I guess it would be like making dried fruit.

Apples?  The same as melons I guess.

I'll get some of the amazin mat material and lay it out and just do a nice single layer of assorted sliced fruit and see what comes out good.

i guess this advice follows along with your signature.

yeah that makes sense. i was thinking the moisture in the grapes would help penetrate the flavor into the whole fruit.  raisins are more dense so i didnt think the flavor would penetrate much.  i've made raisins in the oven before. place on a baking pan and set the oven at 180* and leave the door cracked open about a half inch and left  it for 4 hours and they came out nice.

That plate looks delicious.

Do you think it would be best to mop all my fruit with grapeseed oil. Which btw I heard is one of the best oils to fry in since it has a higher smoke point.

Thank you so much!

I use grapeseed oil on absolutely everything I cook, (fruit, grilled lobster, meats, all fish, veggies) due to the high heat friendly aspect and the healthy factor too.

Here's to delicious stuff!!!!

Cheers!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky