Smoked pulled pork chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg b

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Indiana
With the cooler fall temps it was time for a big ol pot of chili. I had a couple pounds of pulled pork left over so I thought, why not? Let me tell ya, the smoky aroma was enough to make me drool the whole time it was simmering. Here's what I used:

1 lb. Smoked pulled pork

2 med. yellow onions, chopped

4 cloves fresh garlic, minced

1 lg can of tomato juice

2 15 oz. cans of diced, roasted tomatoes with garlic

1 lg can of dark chili beans

1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn

1 packet of McCormick chili seasoning

2 tsp Ancho chili powder

1 tsp salt

1 tsp fresh ground black pepper

I put the pork, onion and garlic in the pot on high heat and stirred it around until the onions were almost transparent. Then I added the rest of the ingredients, stirring after each. I let it come to a boil then turned it down and let it simmer for a little over an hour. I'm not one to pat myself on the back but I did on this one! Topped with some shredded cheddar and sour cream, peanut butter sandwich and a cold glass of milk on the side, you can't go wrong!
439.gif

That soun ds really good.  We use left over pork like that in beans, and leftover chicken in soup, gumbo we have done bbq spegetti a few times but neva thought of chilli.  Great iidea
biggrin.gif
  bet it would be great with diced left over brisket too
drool.gif

Not havin a pic of the finished product all plated up is a compliment in my world
icon14.gif
.  When it's so good folks dig in and forget the camera that's a good compliment to ya stuff.  I have many blog posts with pics of the process.  Sadly we seldom ever get a plated one.  BBQ is slow and ample time for beers, which sharpens appetites.  bout the only thing I get plated pics of is fast cookin stuff like fish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky