Smoked pork shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

legerdemain

Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Minnesota
Hey all!

Below are pictures of the pork shoulder I smoked yesterday. It's the first smoke I've done since modifying my ECB, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

This was a 4.75 lb shoulder that I smoked for 7-1/2 hours using applewood chips. The rub and mop sauce were from Backroads and Sidestreets by "Famous Dave" Anderson, and for the sauce I used the mustardy sauce from the cookbook The Complete Meat Cookbook by Bruce Aidells and Denis Kelly. Excellent eating, my best job yet!

Way to go legerdemain. That pulled pork look good!

Very nice indeed. :D

I smoked a couple of shoulders this weekend too. One took 14 hours to get to 185* and was very tender, the other cooked for 21 hours and was 195* before it got tender.

Bob-BQN,
The difference in time to complete is interesting. I have experienced similar differences in the cooking times and not really understood why. I know now that there are lots of variables and appreciate your mentioning the differences. You support my understanding of the basic pork butt. It just all depends on several things.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky