Smoked Pork Loin with some Q-View!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrrmobile

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Rogers, AR
I finally decided to attempt my first pork loin in the smoker...  I am so excited about the results!

Here are some pics!

157ffb02_2011-01-30_13-40-56_176.jpg

It turned out so juicy!

1c4636fd_2011-01-30_13-41-02_824.jpg

It made great sandwiches! 

I used a new rub recipe... I found some dehydrated apple crisps in the store and ground those up to put in my rub.  Used paprika, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, brown sugar, chili powder, ground ginger, and cumin.  It was a sweet, smoky bark!  I will definitely use this combo for pork again.  I may up the apple content though.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the Q-View!

Thanks for the tip about using ground apple crisps-apples go great with pork.  I really gotta do me some more smoked loin!

looks awesome!  what temp did you smoke it at? what IT did you pull it out at? 165?

I smoked it at 225... I pulled it at 158... I was shooting for 160, but I just couldn't wait too much longer.. It took roughly 7 hours.  I smoked with my usual hickory/mesquite combo... 

Thanks for the tip about using ground apple crisps-apples go great with pork.  I really gotta do me some more smoked loin!

http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/di...all-natural-freeze-dried-fruit-crisps-81.html

These are the apples I used in the rub...  When you put them in the food processor they turn to dust and mix well with the rub.  I used a whole package, next time I will use two...  I found them on the top shelf of the dried fruit section in wally world for 78 cents..

Thanks guys!  If only there was a way to share the taste/smell over the internet... LOL  I think there would be a LOT more traffic on this forum....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky