Smoked Pork Loin with Mahogany Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Dutch, I am new to the forum and I just got my first electric smoker. My wife wants me to do a pork loin roast for the families Christmas dinner and I would love to blow them away with this but I'm a little apprehensive due to my lack of experience. Can you tell me what kind of smoker you used and at what temp? And what kind of wood you used? Thanks for sharing

Hi Dutch, I am new to the forum and I just got my first electric smoker. My wife wants me to do a pork loin roast for the families Christmas dinner and I would love to blow them away with this but I'm a little apprehensive due to my lack of experience. Can you tell me what kind of smoker you used and at what temp? And what kind of wood you used? Thanks for sharing
A little late responding here but I would keep your damper open half way, don't soak your chips ( I have a MES [masterbuild electric smoker] and never soak my chips). Electric is pretty simple, for less fatty foods use your water pan or add apple juice to it to keep the meat moist. I always cooked at 225 degrees on mine. normall it would take about 3-4 hours for me to do a loin, my MES has an internal probe so I know what temp the meat is without having to open the door. Don't open the door unless you HAVE TO, just put chips in through side if you need to replenish. to use an old smoker quote "if you're looking, you ain't cooking"

Oh and I would use apple wood chips or alder chips, hickory is very strong so I stay away from it

Success! Used a mixture of apple and mesquite chips. Everyone REALLY loved the mahogany sauce it was all delicious. Thanks for helping make this dinner a success!!

Last edited:
I cooked a pork loin today using this recipe. Man, it turned out fantastic. The sauce just set it all off.

I suggest this for any level of experience.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky