Smoked Pork Loin 2 Ways with Que-Vue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Happy Sunday!
Picked up a couple Pork Loin's today. Saving one to do a stuffed loin for Christmas. The other I decided to smoke up and try a couple different rub ideas.

Rub #1
Chile Lime
- Chili Powder
- Cumin
- Real Lime Crystals
- Salt
- Parsley

Rub #2
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Salt

I cut the loin in half and coated both with a light coating of Mayo to hold the rub and keep the meat moist.
IMG_0251.jpg

Then on to the PBC with some chunks of Apple Wood. My PBC runs at about 310 the way I have it set.
IMG_0252 (1).jpg

Pulled the Loin at 145 IT.
Let it rest for 20 minutes.

The piece with Rub #2

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Decent moisture and good flavor, I think I went a bit light on the rub.

The piece with the Chili Lime Rub:
IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

My hands down favorite was the chili lime, but it was also on the better portion of the loin.
The Chili Lime worked very well with the apple wood and the flavor of the pork. I will be trying it again.

Thanks for lookin

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 22
Nice job . The chili lime looks real good .
I was surprised at how good it turned out. I had never tried using "Real Lime" except for adding to drinks and such. It really balanced well with the amount of chili powder I used.

Thanks much!

- Jason

I wanted to give you points for knowing you had a loin , and not a tender loin , but didn't want to sound like a jerk , so no points for knowing what you cooked ,,, un-like some that cook what they ,,, think ,,, is a ,,,, oh never mind ,,, nice job and still no points for knowing your cuts of meat ,,, :rolleyes:

I wanted to give you points for knowing you had a loin , and not a tender loin , but didn't want to sound like a jerk , so no points for knowing what you cooked ,,, un-like some that cook what they ,,, think ,,, is a ,,,, oh never mind ,,, nice job and still no points for knowing your cuts of meat ,,, :rolleyes:
Dang it.... Amazing how many people do not know the difference.
Thanks for the nod though

Smoke ON!

- Jason

CORRECTION:
I used TRUE Lime, which states it is pure lime.
Sorry about that....

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Jason,first of all they look great.Second,how many packet/s of the True Lime did you use?

Bill
Bill,
I did not use the packets, I bought the True Lime that comes in a jar like typical seasons, poured out 5 teaspoons tasting as I went (1/4 Cup Chili powder), I added a bit more in after I added the cumin and salt bringing it to a taste I thought was good. I thought the lime balance well, some people may want more line for brighter citrus flavor, but I liked the chili forward with subtle lime.

- Jason

I was looking online at lime crystals/powder yesterday for this purpose.Thanks for the info.;)
You are welcome! They worked great for me, I know there are probably better products out there, but this one is available at the grocery store. Let me know how yours turns out.

- Jason

Both look great, but to me the Chili Lime looks a slightly bit better. Great job!!
Yes the Chili lime was better and had more moisture, it was the back half of the loin, not sure if that was the reason or if the rub held the moisture better.

Thanks much!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky