Smoked Pork Fried Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No, I made some remarks that someone found offensive, and I realized were not in good taste. Though I certainly didn't mean it that way. Had a blonde moment. Will repost without being offensive. Sorry, made an honest mistake.

No, I made some remarks that someone found offensive, and I realized were not in good taste. Though I certainly didn't mean it that way. Had a blonde moment. Will repost without being offensive. Sorry, made an honest mistake.
As Rich would say, it is all good. You are one of the funniest folks on here and every once in a while funny folks (or ones that try to be funny like me) miss the mark. We are all human

Okay, so let me try this again without being an idiot. I made some awesome pork fried rice. I used a ham that I cured and smoked over the weekend, I let it cure for 10 days, then let it soak overnight to remove some salt. The last one I cured was way too salty. I wasn't thinking when I smoked it and rubbed it down with brown SUGAR. Idiot. So it was all nice and black, but the ham was delicious, not too salty, but I couldn't eat the bark.

I also smoked some butts over the weekend. Here's what I did - First I made some long grain white rice. Put it in the fridge to chill completely. I cut up the ham and butt into small chunks and tossed it around in some Yoshidas. Love you RonP!

I sauteed some onions, steamed some fresh carrots and used frozen peas. I got the wok smokin' hot and fried two eggs and removed. I used peanut oil by the way.

I added the cold rice and broke it all up. This takes a little while, I added oil like three times.

b11e5b00_IMG_7856.jpg

90badf88_IMG_7857.jpg

c60bd5c6_IMG_7858.jpg

ea786d16_IMG_7861.jpg

c70bde2c_IMG_7863.jpg

I then added the meat and Yoshidas, stirred around a bit, added the egg back in, stirred around a bit, then the carrots and peas and you guessed it, stirred some more.

2413e97e_IMG_7864.jpg

b0fc9a23_IMG_7865.jpg

e2118aa0_IMG_7866.jpg

I added salt and pepper lightly because I then added soy sauce which is pretty salty on its on. I made some Japanese style white sauce to serve with. I also chopped a green onion to top. It adds a nice crunchy onion flavor.

a9fe72bf_IMG_7867.jpg

61bcdaa2_IMG_7871.jpg

788b44af_IMG_7870.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
One of my favorite things to eat in the whole world. Whenever we have leftover rice I always add it to some eggs with some ham and onion for breakfast

Great looking rice Cheryl

Reactions: meateater
Looks good, i am gonna do me up another batch tomorrow with chicken i have marinating in very teriaki sauce mmhmm, so what did you do Squirrel? lol

Dang!  Awesome looking rice, Squirrel!  One heck of a wok ya got there.  My and the Mrs's were on the chinese kick a while back and made some kick azz flied lice... You made me hungry for it all over again!

Thanks

Looks great as always Cheryl! If you want to kick it up  a notch I highly recomend some sesame oil..... it adds a nother nice light layer of flavor, just be carefull because it has a lower smoke point than peanut oil.

Squirrel, everything looks awesome but I want to know where did you get that carbon steel wok, all I can find is frickin non-stick, now what is the deal with a teflon wok? I need a carbon steel wok since I dont have room for Pandes monster grill yet,
icon_cool.gif

Squirrel, everything looks awesome but I want to know where did you get that carbon steel wok, all I can find is frickin non-stick, now what is the deal with a teflon wok? I need a carbon steel wok since I dont have room for Pandes monster grill yet,
icon_cool.gif
I got my wok at walmart and its not a nonstick one its carbon steel and was only like 12 or 15 bucks, doesnt look like she seasoned hers yet maybe because it will turn black when you put some good heat to it, then again i used my wok on a turkey fryer propane jet cooker.
Well i just looked at walmarts site and they dont have the one i bought there, wow they are not cheap  but it seems like i looked online before and found they were around forty dollars then went in store and looked and scored a nice cheap one, mine was not preseasoned like the ones they have listed, maybe thats why it was cheaper.

Last edited:
meateater - This is the wok I have. The inside looks dark in that picture but it's not. I had one of those teflon jobs many years ago, it cannot stand up to the high temps needed for "wokking"

Chef Rob - you are just not right, but that's what I love about ya!

Group Hug!

Squirrel, 

You never cease to amaze me with your cooking exploits.

That stuff looks Great & so is the post!

Next time I go through Georgia, I think I'll drop a tow-hook from my Ram, and drag Georgia up a little closer to PA!

Keep it up girl-squirrel!!!

Bear

If anyone is looking for the good kind of hot Chinese mustard get this kind. its a powder you mix with water and add a splash of white vinegar and it will make the top of your head burn real good, way better than the wimpy kind you find in the store. I have tried every kind in the stores and they are never like the restaurant kind, but this stuff is. I got it at my local asian grocery store

4e6bfbed_Oriental_Hot_Mustard_Powder__hypen__3oz.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky