Smoked Pork chops with Loaded Hasselback Potatoes and Spicy Apple Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Smoked Pork chops with Loaded Hasselback Potatoes and Spicy Apple Sauce

Had a package of pork chops that I wanted to smoke , so here it goes. They are thinner than I would like them to be

Dressed them with just salt and pepper and smoked with Mesquite chunks. In the smoker at 225 deg. for approx. 2 hours
to an internal temp of 135+/-. Than on the grill at 500 deg just to give some color and char look, on the Charbroiler.

Made some Hasselback potatoes and filled the slices with sliced onions and cooked bacon. I only loaded up 3 of the potatoes incase
My bride did not want it loaded ( have to cover the bases ). I brushed the outside of the potatoes with the bacon drippings than black
pepper, NO SALT as the bacon drippings are salty enough. In the smoker for an hour with the pork chops
to get a little smoke in them , than into the BBQ until the chops were ready.
Put the potatoes in a pan with foil just for easy clean up and add the grated cheddar and green onions 5 minutes on grill with cover closed.

So while the food is smoking I made a pot of Spicy Apple Sauce, Just figured out what taste i roughly wanted and here it is
- 1 1/2 cup apple sauce ( did not make any of my own yet as the apples are not ready )
- 1 jalapeno diced small
- 1/8 tea cinnamon
- 1/8 cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped ( not too hot at all, as Mona does not like it burning mouth )
bring to a simmer , and serve warm with meal

Here are the pictures of the meal , thanks for following
David

3 loaded Potatoes and 1 naked one, and chops ready for the smoker
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

In the smoker , potatoes out after 1 hour than into BBQ waiting for the chops
4.JPG
5.JPG

Chops with a little char and marks on them, that is the Spicy apple sauce in the pot keeping warm. Potatoes in a pan just so I can add cheese and green onions, no mess on grill
6.JPG
7.JPG

The plated dinner with a lazy mans ( me ) salad. for me some sauce on top plus extra bowl for dipping
8.JPG
9.JPG

Thats it folfs , was very nice , just enough spice in the sauce . If it was just me i would have brought up the heat just a little more. Loved the potatoes. Nice crisp to the skin , chops were nice and tender juicy.
And the naked potato, still sits there , all by its self. lol. I knew she would want a loaded one

Thanks for making it to the end

David

going going...

You knocked that one out David! Man that looks good. Almost looks like boston butt pork steaks. Those potatoes and that apple sauce look top notch. Nice cook!

Man! I’d love to wrap my tonsils around some of that! Good grief that looks delicious. Nicely done.

going going...

You knocked that one out David! Man that looks good. Almost looks like boston butt pork steaks. Those potatoes and that apple sauce look top notch. Nice cook!

Thanks for the like and the comment , it was good and sauce was nice on top. They were a package of chops , rib and center . 2 of each

David

Looks great, will be doing the bacon and onion tater next chance I get , pork's great no mater how thick or thin, quicker cooking aint nothing to be ashamed about lol

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great, will be doing the bacon and onion tater next chance I get , pork's great no mater how thick or thin, quicker cooking aint nothing to be ashamed about lol

Thanks for the like and the comment
Yes the tater was good .....just the naked one left, will have to make a couple more as there is 2 chops left lol

David

Looks wonderful, David!
I make Hasselbacks from time to time but never thought about putting anything in the slots. Duh!
Fine looking meal!
Thanks smokeymose for the like and the comment

I hate to say I think I saw it on pinterest or somewhere lol
you could put almost anything that you like in them

David

Damn, that look's super killer!!!

This one needs to take a ride on the carousel for sure.

Thanks forktender for the comment
looks and tasted good even if I say so myself, the apple sauce was good also, I needed a little more heat but nice.

ps that music is creepy on that ride.... lol

Davids

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky