Smoked Pork Butt Side Dishes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

longer73

Original poster
Dec 22, 2013
I planning a BBQ this coming weekend for some friends who just returned from deployment (9 months).  Any way the menu is 16lbs pork butt smoked on hickory and using a pre 24hr injection of FAB-P.  Done this many times and always comes out a favorite.

Appetizers / Finger foods

We are also doing Sausage Fatty stuffed with feta

ABT (stuffed and bacon wrapped  jalapeno)

We are thinking corn on the cob but after that we draw a blank.  Living in North Carolina means you can get pulled pork sandwiches any where so we were trying to go a little off reservation but not into left field.  So we have batted around the idea of serving on a corn or flour tortilla instead of the standard bun and throwing out some diced cilantro and some lime to top it off.

We are open to any and all suggestions just looking for good comfy food.

Will post Q-view when it all said and done.

I like your idea of using tortillas, but since you're smoking 2 Butts, you could give them a choice of tortillas or rolls.

Cole Slaw would be good too.

Bear

Do Dutch's baked beans, mac and cheese and maybe some boiled cabbage. You could do potato salad, mac salad or Lima beans.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky