Smoked Pork Boston Butt (Pulled Pork) via Hot n Fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do you have a Window in your MES?
If so does it often get covered with condensation on the inside?
That's because it is insulated so good that there is already too much moisture in an MES, without adding any to it.
I haven't put any liquid in my water pan in 8 years, and never had anything come out dry because of it.
The window fills with condensation & runs down the glass. I can wipe it dry, and it's filled up in less than a minute again.

I forgot all the bad things about putting water in an MES water pan, because just knowing it doesn't do anything good is enough reason for me.

Bear
What he said! I quit using water in my MES pan too and haven’t had any issues other than not having to fool with the pan

Mike I also bought the stand like that for mine and it was the best purchase I made. No more working down on the ground

Good lookin butt Mike. I like the step by step, I have not tried the hot and fast yet, but I do see it in the future. PP looks great as well, Like. Congrats on your carousel ride.

Last edited:
if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. More than one way to BBQ

Just a thought - The first few times i put water in my MES pan i saw no signs of evaporation. Finally i discovered i needed to heat the water to boiling before putting it in the pan. It is a pain as the pan gets very hot very quick. Same goes for chicken over a beer can.

Looks good. I have the mes 30 also I’ve heard to not use the water pan though since it gets so moist on its own. Also I use the amnps with pellets it makes it even easier to use that smoker. Food looks good makes me want to do one again
I have the MES 30 as well. The "water" pan, is just a heat sink. Doesnt need to be water - it can be sand, etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky