SMOKED POLISH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dabutcher

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 31, 2021
Just made a small 5 # batch of smoked polish , maybe throw a couple on the grill tonight along with a ice cold beer .
20220815_143623.jpg

I used the american polish recipe from this web site . http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage recipes.htm
If you havnt checked it out theres a ton of great ideas for sausage , both fresh and smoked . After the drying and smoking I brought the temp up 150 (the recipe says 180 but I didnt go that far ) till the internal temp reached 135 and then finished in a sous vide bath to 154 . Gave it an ice water bath and let it bloom . It turned out really good . Ive been using the sous vide the last few times and so far Im happy with the results .

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I forgot to mention I went by the color when applying the smoke . I think some like a light smoke and some heavier . I guess go by the color you like and it will work out just fine.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I used the american polish recipe from this web site . http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage recipes.htm
If you havnt checked it out theres a ton of great ideas for sausage , both fresh and smoked . After the drying and smoking I brought the temp up 150 (the recipe says 180 but I didnt go that far ) till the internal temp reached 135 and then finished in a sous vide bath to 154 . Gave it an ice water bath and let it bloom . It turned out really good . Ive been using the sous vide the last few times and so far Im happy with the results .
Poli is a fantastic recourse, I’m glad you found him.

I forgot to mention I went by the color when applying the smoke . I think some like a light smoke and some heavier . I guess go by the color you like and it will work out just fine.
I think you are well on your way. I too SV finish a bit lower temp, but I’m liking your style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky