Smoked pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluebombersfan

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 4, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Decided to get back into my Friday night pizza night now that the snow is dissapearing. Here is a shot of my set up. Big Green Egg with plate setter and pizza stone.

95A00636-F1D5-415E-9240-FBBC1F79AE8C.jpeg

I usually take it to 600. Pizzas usually cook in 6 minutes

7CC5FAE0-20A4-4BF3-8AA7-6F46CCD2ABD0.jpeg

F8217199-DA19-420F-8F13-44B3F386896B.jpeg

Made 4. Couple cheese for the kids and wife and this one for me. Homemade pepperoni then cheese then top with bacon. Amazing!

Looks real good. I don't think I've ever seen full slices of bacon on a pizza before. Usually they're cut up.

Point for sure.
Chris

Pizza cooked on the grill with a little smoke are the best! Yours looks amazing. I think I know what Friday night dinner is now. Thanks for sharing.

Looks real good. I don't think I've ever seen full slices of bacon on a pizza before. Usually they're cut up.

Point for sure.
Chris

Thanks!! I do like my bacon . Another thing that is outside the norm that I do is grate pepperoni on a cheese grater and put it on after the sauce. That way you don’t bite into a pepperoni slice that pulls off half the cheese with it.

Nice!
How’d the crust turn out? What type of wood did you use, and was it actually for smoking, or mostly for heat?

Here’s my setup: Webber kettle gets converted into pizza oven with fire bricks placed along the perimeter.
The crust gets crispy, but the pie has to be rotated a few times for it to cook uniformly.

pizzaovn.jpg

Nice!
How’d the crust turn out? What type of wood did you use, and was it actually for smoking, or mostly for heat?

Here’s my setup: Webber kettle gets converted into pizza oven with fire bricks placed along the perimeter.
The crust gets crispy, but the pie has to be rotated a few times for it to cook uniformly.

View attachment 391460

Pretty genius conversion. Thanks for the idea!

Nice!

View attachment 391460

Great looking set up!!! The crust turned out perfect! I used a charcoal for the temp and a few chunks of apple for the smoke. Really they cook so quick you only get a slight smoke taste but nothing beats pizza on the egg!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky