Smoked my first cream cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

olaf

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 4, 2017
Something I've been wanting to do and a recent thread reminded me that I need to try this. Just one block of cream cheese coated it with evoo ten drops of my fermented ghost pepper sauce then about a tablespoon of Jeff's Texas Rub. Smoked it for two hours at 200⁰ with alder pellets. The smoke was an issue just didn't burn clean enough so it came out OK just not awesome. Need to try this again it's pretty good.
20211017_130954.jpg

I love the idea of scoring it to get more smoke into it.. it also looks cool. 😎 Great job!

Reactions: olaf
That does look real nice. Do you think a colder smoke would lend itself to better results?

That looks cool. I’ll have to throw some in my smokehouse on the next batch of hams or sausage For sure.

I just bought a two pack yesterday to try this as well... But as Gator said.. finding time to do it is the proble, right now

That does look good though... nice job

Yes sir looks great !
The smoke flavor comes thru after it's been in the fridge for a couple of hrs....if tou have any left over lol

I love the idea of scoring it to get more smoke into it.. it also looks cool. 😎 Great job!
Thanks I put that Texas Rub on everything
That does look real nice. Do you think a colder smoke would lend itself to better results?
Not sure how much cooler a guy would want to go. I just need a genuine A-Maze-N smoke tube
That looks cool. I’ll have to throw some in my smokehouse on the next batch of hams or sausage For sure.
Looks very good Olaf. I have the ingrediants just need to find time to do it.
I just bought a two pack yesterday to try this as well... But as Gator said.. finding time to do it is the proble, right now

That does look good though... nice job
For me it was do I finish the railing on the deck and split wood before the snow flies or smoke something.
Yes sir looks great !
The smoke flavor comes thru after it's been in the fridge for a couple of hrs....if tou have any left over lol
Just a tiny piece left over
Nice, cant believe it didnt melt.
Looks pretty amazing! How did you keep it from melting?
Actually it is melted and is very soft it just holds its shape. the bottom side has cut into the rack about 3/16 in. Had to flip it over onto a plate that side had a bunch of little squares all over it.
Looks delicious
👍

Looks tasty , I agree that scoring it make it look great. I’ll bet that fermented ghost sauce is HOT! I just fermented a half gallon batch of dill chips with two ghost peppers in the jar and they are pretty hot lol.

Looks tasty , I agree that scoring it make it look great. I’ll bet that fermented ghost sauce is HOT! I just fermented a half gallon batch of dill chips with two ghost peppers in the jar and they are pretty hot lol.
Yeah I just made some pickles with a ghost pepper in them, as well as pickled habs and chocolate moragu peppers. Will be opening them up this weekend.

Yeah I just made some pickles with a ghost pepper in them, as well as pickled habs and chocolate moragu peppers. Will be opening them up this weekend.
Yes made the sauce with some kind of hot peppers and 9 ghost peppers, with vinegar added it yielded three 5 oz jars. Several peppers left so pickles are coming.
Beautiful!!
Nice Job, Olaf!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks bear I've learned a lot from your posts.

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky