Smoked Mississippi Pot Roast, Smoked Bacon Mac N Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
source.gif

Straight fire! I would be all over that man it all looks great! Really like that mac and cheese recipe too. Bookmarked homie.

Yup this will be on the menu this week. Was just talking with the fiance about wanting to do a pot roast and this looks bomb!

Evening fellas and non fellas. Been working on a spread today. Started off with a nice chuck roast. Seasoned with my beef rub and onto the smoker at 225 using pecan
View attachment 468210
View attachment 468211
After about 3.5hr IT was 158 so pulled it off and did it mississippi style.
Into a pan with a stick unsalted butter, packet of au jus, 2tbls or packet of ranch dressing, several pepperoncini and a little of the juice. Added some carrots
View attachment 468212View attachment 468213
Double covered in foil and back to the smoker. Pulled it off at about 208° and let rest for 1.5hr while I worked on mac n cheese.
View attachment 468214
No progress pics for mac n cheese. But here's the recipe
1lb elbow macaroni
2T flour
2T butter
2C heavy cream
1.5lb sharp cheddar
Half lb gouda. I used my smoked gouda
1C sour cream
1C mayo. I used dukes
2T hot sauce
2t SPG
Lb bacon
Half cup panko

Before hand cook bacon in oven until crispy and finely chop

Cook pasta until tender. 7-8min. Drain

In pot melt butter over medium heat. Add flour. Stir until it smells nutty. Add half cup heavy cream. Stir. Will thicken. Add another half cup. Stir. Then add remaining cup. Thicken for a couple minutes. Start adding cheeses slowly. You want to make sure this completely blends in the roux. After all that is together take off heat. Mix in pasta, mayo, sour cream, hot sauce, spg and make sure it mixes well. Pour in an aluminum pan. Mix the bacon with the panko. I ended up with 7.5oz of chopped bacon and mixed with the half cup panko. Spread mixture over top. Place on smoker uncovered at 300-325 for about an hour 15min. Check halfway.

Mixed up before smokerView attachment 468215
And on the smoker
View attachment 468216
Finished
View attachment 468217
The beef pulled
View attachment 468218
And my plate. Beef nestled on a mashed taters bed. Covered in brown gravy and I pile of smoked bacon mac. This is our go to smoked mac n cheese recipe and honestly the best I've had. Hope y'all will give it a tryView attachment 468219
Man that is some good looking comfort food right there. Points !

Evening fellas and non fellas. Been working on a spread today. Started off with a nice chuck roast. Seasoned with my beef rub and onto the smoker at 225 using pecan
View attachment 468210
View attachment 468211
After about 3.5hr IT was 158 so pulled it off and did it mississippi style.
Into a pan with a stick unsalted butter, packet of au jus, 2tbls or packet of ranch dressing, several pepperoncini and a little of the juice. Added some carrots
View attachment 468212View attachment 468213
Double covered in foil and back to the smoker. Pulled it off at about 208° and let rest for 1.5hr while I worked on mac n cheese.
View attachment 468214
No progress pics for mac n cheese. But here's the recipe
1lb elbow macaroni
2T flour
2T butter
2C heavy cream
1.5lb sharp cheddar
Half lb gouda. I used my smoked gouda
1C sour cream
1C mayo. I used dukes
2T hot sauce
2t SPG
Lb bacon
Half cup panko

Before hand cook bacon in oven until crispy and finely chop

Cook pasta until tender. 7-8min. Drain

In pot melt butter over medium heat. Add flour. Stir until it smells nutty. Add half cup heavy cream. Stir. Will thicken. Add another half cup. Stir. Then add remaining cup. Thicken for a couple minutes. Start adding cheeses slowly. You want to make sure this completely blends in the roux. After all that is together take off heat. Mix in pasta, mayo, sour cream, hot sauce, spg and make sure it mixes well. Pour in an aluminum pan. Mix the bacon with the panko. I ended up with 7.5oz of chopped bacon and mixed with the half cup panko. Spread mixture over top. Place on smoker uncovered at 300-325 for about an hour 15min. Check halfway.

Mixed up before smokerView attachment 468215
And on the smoker
View attachment 468216
Finished
View attachment 468217
The beef pulled
View attachment 468218
And my plate. Beef nestled on a mashed taters bed. Covered in brown gravy and I pile of smoked bacon mac. This is our go to smoked mac n cheese recipe and honestly the best I've had. Hope y'all will give it a tryView attachment 468219
That all looks delicious! Do you have a particular brand of au jus you like?

Reactions: TNJAKE
That all looks delicious! Do you have a particular brand of au jus you like?
Appreciate it Bob. For the roast I just use a package of McCormick's au jus usually. Whatever you prefer will work just fine. If I were making a au jus for something else I'd go more high end like minors au jus and some good broth

Reactions: Lawyer Bob
Hate when I miss something or forget, Looks great, thinking Sunday , did you do that on the Austin lx?

Sorry to be late to the party TNJAKE TNJAKE ! This one snuck past me, likely due to hunting season! Anyway, this all looks phenomenal! Nice cook!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky