Smoked Meatloaf

Discussion in 'Beef' started by smokinstevebbq, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Just finished up Smokin this Awesome Meatloaf. This is one of my all time favorites. The glaze topping takes it over the top and takes it to an all new level. Even if you don't like meatloaf, this one is sure to please.  [​IMG]  

markh024 and chilerelleno like this.
  2. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Meat Mopper

Great video! 👍 And go Hoosiers!

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nice job on the meatloaf!

It looks delicious!

Al

smokinstevebbq likes this.
  4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Fanatic

That meatloaf looks real tasty, and the video is wonderful. Nice job.

Chris

5. Thanks guys .... I love smoked meatloaf, it seems to take on that smoke flavor real well. The leftovers even have more flavor. Hard to mess this one up. It's awesome!

6. Thanks for a great video tutorial...I watched it as a nice fatty I just pulled from the smoker for dinner rests up a bit.
    Still on the smoker is a nice 4 lb chuck roast that just hit the stall at about 162° IT.
    Under the chuck I've got four quarts of fresh puried Roma tomatoes with some onion, garlic, fresh oregano and basil.
    I'll apply hickory smoke to that for about two hours and then loose cover the pot with foil and reduce while the chuck finishes up. If you like making your own BBQ sauces you gotta try smoking up some roma tomatoes to use as a base...
    Yummy...
    I'll post pictures on it all when she's done.
    Meatloaf is up this weekend.
    I'll give your glaze a shot.
    Walt.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  7. Sounds good jokensmoken ...... yep, give the glaze a shot for sure. It adds just a touch of sweetness to Meatloaf while not being over bearing. Glad you liked the video .... just plugging away at it and trying new things and trying to learn myself.

8. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I like a good meat, but I love a smoked meatloaf.

Point for the nice video.
    :points:

9. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Master of the Pit Group Lead

Nice looking stuff.. 👍

10. Rings Я Us

Use San Marzano if you don't have seasonal fresh ones. Very good.

11. Here's my dinner just off the smoker about 15 minutes ago.
    Sliced and on my plate
    A jambalaya type filling...
    Red and green peppers, onion, celery some sweet corn and smoked sausage all sauteed with a little cheddar cheese.

anglerman likes this.
  12. Ok the pics of my fatty and dinner were taken about three hours ago...had a D-DE-DEE moment and never hit the reply button...lol...

Walt

13. Use them mater's all the time.
    Another good Cosco score is #10 (6+ pound or 100oz) cans of Nina brand San Marzano "region" (not DOP) imported whole peeled Roma's for $3.99 a can.
    They're not true DOP San Marzano, but I bought s can and compared and couldn't tell the difference.

Walt

14. Rings Я Us

San marzano style are good..Nice seedless sweet thick puree if you whiz them up..

15. Right...these are the best non DOP I've found...they're imported from Italy, the labels are written in mostly italian and don't say "style" but San Marzano region...I did some research a few years ago on counterfit DOP and found being certified DOP has become a politicized "who ya gonna pay to get certified" sort of thing in Italy for some smaller farmers and canneries.