Smoked Maple Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brandon91

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
the pit
Back for my second post in 2 days, maybe I'm addicted.
439.gif

I started with a 2.85lb Pork Loin Roast, and brined it for 9hrs.

Brine: 

4 cups cold water

1/4 cup salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper 
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

2 hours before I was ready to smoke I took it out of the fridge, rinsed the brine off and coated it with dry rub, your favorite one should work.

Ended up smoking for 3hrs with maple wood @ 225F, pulled when internal temp was at 142F, foiled and let rest for 40min, temp increased to 148.

Optional: 30-40min before pulling glaze with equal parts Dijon mustard and maple syrup. 

Best pork loin I've had actually.

Its amazing what pork tastes like when ya do it right, isn't it?

Congrats, looks really moist and juicy that usually equates to tender!

Well done.
It really is amazing what 10-15 degrees will do to pork loin, I usually don't care for it because it's like leather! This was really good though and went great with some homebrew. 145F really is key if you want to enjoy loin.

Terrific loin! I like the fact you glazed it.

Disco
Thanks a lot! The glaze did add a nice touch.

That looks awesome, thanks for directing me to your Q-Views and for sharing your brine recipe.  Very tasty looking and moist indeed. 

Next time I do one, I want to do molasses and a few other mild spices.  I was in the mood for teriyaki so I put some teriyaki sauce on mine and then covered that with Morton's kosher salt and coarse pepper. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky