Smoked Mac & Cheese (trial run)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burm1000

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Salina KS
Doing one of my favorite things and trying something new today.

https://www.smoking-meat.com/august-15-2013-smoked-mac-and-cheese-with-bacon-and-pulled-pork

It's hot here today, WSM is running a little hot at 250 with only one vent partially open. Putting it on and hoping it cools a bit, but I'm not stressing over 25 degrees.
Making the Sauce.jpg bakin the bacon.jpg Ready for the smoker.jpg
Making the Sauce.jpg
bakin the bacon.jpg
Ready for the smoker.jpg
Making the Sauce.jpg

612E5D33-5CE7-45C8-879A-5A611AA79604.jpeg

https://www.smoking-meat.com/august-15-2013-smoked-mac-and-cheese-with-bacon-and-pulled-pork

It's hot here today, WSM is running a little hot at 250 with only one vent partially open. Putting it on and hoping it cools a bit, but I'm not stressing over 25 degrees.
View attachment 399244 View attachment 399245 View attachment 399246 View attachment 399244 View attachment 399245 View attachment 399246 View attachment 399244

One hour in.

9637FAEE-9A53-46AF-91EA-554A79C2F2EC.jpeg
C23CFEC5-0F9A-40F4-B4FB-2F931D782666.jpeg

View attachment 399244 View attachment 399245 View attachment 399246 View attachment 399244 View attachment 399245 View attachment 399246 View attachment 399244

Finished product.

That looks awesome! That's also the same way my wife has started cooking bacon. We don't fry in a skillet or pan any more. Oven only. I love it!

Great looking Mac & Cheese! Point! on the list.......

It really does look good, Makes me want to try some and I am not a mac & cheese guy. Like.
Congrats on the carousel ride.

That looks fantastic (except for the Jayhawk cup)!

I found by accident that using two pans creates thinner layers, and more smoke flavor. I also tried adding bacon a few weeks ago, and might do that every time from now on.

Looks grrrrrrrreaaaaaat. Nicely done. Bacon, ham, kielbasa can all be added to Mac-n-cheese to bring it to the next level.

Point for sure
Chris

"That looks fantastic (except for the Jayhawk cup)!"

Oh this is funny. My wife was born and raised in Wichita. On my first trip up there with her to meet her family we went to a little sports pub for an adult libation. They had a poster in the window with this interesting looking cartoon bird and I asked her what the Hell it was. She said it was a Jayhawk and I responded that it looked more like a pigeon. She blasted me for that but they have forever been dubbed the pigeons around our house.

Ducking and hiding. The fallout could be dangerous :emoji_anguished:
Robert

I just stumbled across this and started drooling! I've made this many times in the past and it's always a hit. I also split into two smaller pans for more smoke and I add a diced Jalapeno as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky