Smoked heat & serve sausage patties.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
225° to 250° indirect will work fine and once your internal is >140°, you can choke back the fire a little and increase your smoke time. I like to smoke them 2.5 to 3 hours or so, creeping up on 155° to 160°. I do this for smoky flavor and to render fat out, so use a drip pan. Wrap in foil and rest about an hour.

If you can locate a topper grate like this, it makes fatties easier to roll, and they won't sink into the grate.
View attachment 696664
Say after 2 hours, & say my internal temp hasn't reached 140°f yet.

Should I increase my pit temp to 250°f or just leave it at 225°f?

Or should I just leave my pit temp alone at a 225°f pit temp?

Thanks.

1 hour & 45 minutes into the smoke, I hit a 140°f internal temp.

So can I turn my smoker/grill temperature 🌡 down to 200°f to finish my sausage to a internal temp of 160° - 165°f internal temperature?

Thanks.
1000000236.jpg
1000000235.jpg

Well I forgot to take a picture, but at 3.5hours in smoke, they hit a internal temperature of 165°f then I pulled them out & wrapped tightly in tin foil.

Should I chill them before cutting?
Or can I slice them up after the 1 hour rest time in the tin foil?

Thanks.

Well I forgot to take a picture, but at 3.5hours in smoke, they hit a internal temperature of 165°f then I pulled them out & wrapped tightly in tin foil.

Should I chill them before cutting?
Or can I slice them up after the 1 hour rest time in the tin foil?

Thanks.
What❓ No photo's. Heheheee.

If service is tomorrow or later, let them come down to 140° and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes, then move back to the fridge. For service today, rest for at least an hour.

These are great for breakfast, but can be snacks all day long.

It's funny but you will find people that will argue that this is not a smoked sausage log from the grocery store. One time I took a smoked cheese and fatty tray to a party and told a lady they were a French appetizer called a Fa-Tay.

Looks great Diesel. They're a favorite of mine especially when I have extra real estate on the smoker.

I like to give them the old shake-n-bake treatment. It adds another layer of flavor.

1715616417490.png

I sliced them up when they're still warm. They make great snacks
1715616496164.png

Now that you've dipped your toe in the fatty water. Your next logical step is the stuffed fatty.

1715616628753.png

1715616649568.png

1715616686305.png

Chris

Looks great Diesel. They're a favorite of mine especially when I have extra real estate on the smoker.

I like to give them the old shake-n-bake treatment. It adds another layer of flavor.

View attachment 696724
I sliced them up when they're still warm. They make great snacks
View attachment 696725
Now that you've dipped your toe in the fatty water. Your next logical step is the stuffed fatty.

View attachment 696726
View attachment 696727

View attachment 696728

Chris
Oh boy! I want to. Lmao thou I don't see how you guys weave that bacon. Looks soo satisfying!!! Awesome!!!

I have to try the shake N bake tip. That looks great too.

Thanks.

Reactions: 02ebz06 and gmc2003
Yeah my only regret is I used the Jimmie dean sausage rolls that had been in my freezer for quite sometime. I think it would have been even better tasting if I would of had fresher sausage.

Thanks.

I don't see how you guys weave that bacon. Looks soo satisfying!!! Awesome!!!
Bacon weaving is simple. Here's a how-to thread.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky