Smoked Egg Casserole ..in progress..heavy qview!.. FINAL PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
So being that i did not have time to smoke this weekend the wife was...well lets just say not very happy as now she is getting used to having some smoky goodness for dinners and snacks!!! So she had a quick and easy idea to make her egg casserole,but to smoke it up. How can i tell her no??? I had some spicy sasuage from my local guy in the fridge so thats where i started. Formed a quick log and put it in the mes with some hickory.

670cbdd9_logresize.jpg

The wife then cubed it up....well not ALL of it we kept stealing bites!!! lol  Heres the inside...he does some pretty good stuff!!

67b215ff_cutlogresize.jpg

And cut up.

a314330f_cubbedresize.jpg

Then she took some french bread sliced it up and lined the bottom of a foil pan.

27137e6f_breadresize.jpg

The we got out some hashbrowns,chipolte gouda,eggs,and seasonings.

288b809f_cheesetatersresize.jpg

Then a layer of the taters and sausage.

fe04396a_taterbreadresize.jpg

Some of the smoked sausage.

1f5c2dbd_saustatresize.jpg

I got some of my chipolte peppers i did last fall.And smashed afew up.

e7f03a00_peppers2resize.jpg

And a few more ingediants.

55e55d7a_seasoningsresize.jpg

Mixed up some eggs,added the seasonings .

86b55ec6_eggsresize.jpg

Then poured the egg over everything.

7077da88_eggaddedtopanresize.jpg

And covered it with the chipolte gouda.

43ce9317_cheeseonresize.jpg

Put it in the fridge to soak over night.....It is now in the mes with hickory and cherry.I'll get some more pics as we go...so stay tuned..theres more to come!!!--LES

Looks great!!

Looks like the fancy version of our mountain man dutch oven breakfast!!!

Craig

Here's some final pics for ya. Total time in smoker was 4hrs.15mins. at 275.. I think next time we do this i will keep the cheese off untill the last hour-hour and a half. That way the cheese won't get so dark,but man this was good!!! We used 3 chipolte peppers,seeds and all wow did it make it spicy!!! No need for hot sauce on these eggs!!

3a167d76_doneresize.jpg

The cheese made a great crust though...Here's momma's piece.

8a25e26f_cutresize.jpg

I cut my piece up getting ready for my hot sauce...glad i took a bite before i added any!!! It was plenty hot!!! just the way i like it!

f8383ddc_plateresize.jpg

Thanks for looking...LES

Boy does that sound good!  Nice job - looks like you've got a real good smoking partner there. Thanks for sharing the recipe.  Cheers!

I would definitely take an order of that, it looks Awesome...

that looks fantastic   that quiche aint got nothing on you!!

Definately one for when we got company in for the weekend

also looks great to clear a hangover

Thanks for all the kind comments!! I forgot to mention that in the eggs we mixed a can of cream of chicken soup! That made the eggs super creamy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky