Smoked Cream Cheese is SOOOOO Good!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey @jcam222 I bet if you popped a couple blocks in the toaster after you smoked them, you know kind of like a reverse sear, it would give them a nice crunch and add an additional flavor dimension sure to blow your guests away. I will let you give it a shot first. I guarantee it wont even make a mess!! :emoji_laughing:
Air fry it

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaJeff
Hey @jcam222 I bet if you popped a couple blocks in the toaster after you smoked them, you know kind of like a reverse sear, it would give them a nice crunch and add an additional flavor dimension sure to blow your guests away. I will let you give it a shot first. I guarantee it wont even make a mess!! :emoji_laughing:
Oh man you are cracking me up. That’s hilarious.

Reactions: flatbroke
I smoke cream cheese! Wife makes a cheese ball with it! Turns out really good!

Someone on this forum smoked cream cheese with Everything Bagel seasoning. That looked good!

my wife makes cheese balls this time of year I’m now going to have to have her make one for me out of smoked stuff!!

PS thanks for post this Jeff!

Jeff,
How about cold smoking (no heat) the cream cheese? Would you not get the same results?

Craig

Jeff,
How about cold smoking (no heat) the cream cheese? Would you not get the same results?

Craig
Craig,

If you’re just using it for something else and don’t need it to be soft and warm inside, then no problem at all.

I've had the smoked cream cheese in pork shots , and it's really good . I almost like it best cold the next morning .
My next batch will include mixing in some shredded cheddar, jalapeño perhaps, onions, maybe mix the seasoning into the cheese, as you can see the wheels are still turning.
I did a block this morning . Man it's good like this . I remembered your comment about mixing something in next time . So I opened the top after smoking and mixed in some of the rub I used and mixed it up . Pretty good , but I'm thinking do this as it's smoking . The outside acts as a bowl . When it gets soft mix in whatever . Then let it smoke some more . Maybe mix around a couple times as it's smoking . I had it half eaten by the time I thought about it .
20211017_124353.jpg

I've had the smoked cream cheese in pork shots , and it's really good . I almost like it best cold the next morning .

I did a block this morning . Man it's good like this . I remembered your comment about mixing something in next time . So I opened the top after smoking and mixed in some of the rub I used and mixed it up . Pretty good , but I'm thinking do this as it's smoking . The outside acts as a bowl . When it gets soft mix in whatever . Then let it smoke some more . Maybe mix around a couple times as it's smoking . I had it half eaten by the time I thought about it .
View attachment 513669
Mines about ready to come out of the smoker... now that I see this I think next time I need to figure out some kind of vessel to place underneath it! So I can pick it up and eat like a sandwich!

Ryan

I recently did a brick seasoned with roasted garlic powder, toasted onion powder, and Plowboy's Yardbird rub. I liked it better after it cooled for a while, and it was awesome served with some hot pepper bacon jam as a topper. For me I can see using some sort of accent topper. Roasted garlic, maybe salsa, relish or even something like a thick cranberry sauce.
QMSqPD8.jpg
oRoP3H1.jpg

I can see right now that I'm gonna have to do the cream cheese smoke all over again.. my inaugural smoke was good but all of you guys have been doing this and they ALL look WAY better than mine :emoji_grimacing:

Be watching for a redux soon!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky